EBAE: Week Three

The game is almost in a shippable state already. We’re only missing some final GUI tweaks (mainly the choice menus), some CGs, and the final background in terms of required things.

I staged music and sound effects throughout the game this past week. Also did some more GUI tweaking and writing cleanup.

@poorlyformed has been hard at work on backgrounds, and we should have the last one shortly… then it’s on to CGs.

We’ve also now got a gallery that unlocks images as you complete the game.


EBAE: Week Two

I’m apparently bad at updating on time. Oops.

On the writing side of things, I’m up to just under 11,000 words, and am calling the script done for now. There’s still some polish I’ll need to do, but I’ll wait until we finish staging the game for that.

I’ve also started working on the GUI. It’s very…. eggplant-ful. And I really like it.

On the art side of things, @poorlyformed has finished another two backgrounds as well as some other random pieces of art for the game.

Hooray progress!

EBAE: Week One

In case it wasn’t obvious, I’m working on a game for barajam (Earth Boys Are Easy) with the amazingly talented @poorlyformed. It’s technically been more than a week, but we’ll call it that for the sake of simplicity.

In that time, I have written approximately 7800 words, and staged all of the current sprites and backgrounds. 

PF has, naturally, finished up three sprites (Ajax, Cato, and the MC Luke), as well as one background (with a few variants). There’s also some other completed art (the logo and title screen image), but those aren’t in the game yet.

Here’s a screenshot which demonstrates pretty much everything that exists so far in the game.

It’s a little weird seeing the default RenPy GUI, because GUI replacement is usually one of the first things I do in a game. But that will have to wait until after writing is complete, in this case.