I think I’ve ironed out a lot of the particularly weird parts of the game. There’s more I still want to do there, but I want to take a step back and throw some work into the GUI for a bit. TODOs for my own tracking purposes:
- Finalize the new name for the game. (Hoping to keep the acronym YAGS, but I want a name that emphasizes the story more than the dating.)
- Continue to condense dialogue blocks to reduce number of clicks.
- Finish up GUI for dialogue and core gameplay, and start on GUI changes for menus and the title screen.
- “Finalize” numbers for different endings (good vs bad endings, friendship rewards), as all good endings are currently set at trivially-achievable values.
- Add an additional opportunity to get on James’ good side.
As always, feedback on things you like, find weird, or hate, are always appreciated.